Date Night Makeup: Soft Smoky Eye
A regular date night is one of the cornerstones for keeping my marriage on the right track. I love having one-on-one time with my hubby where we can drink a glass of wine and just talk. It's also fun to have a reason to wear something other than yoga pants! Even though my daily makeup routine is extremely simple, I like having the opportunity to glam it up a bit for date nights. This soft smoky eye look is sultry without being over-the-top. If you're not a makeup aficionado, no worries! A smoky eye is one of the most forgiving makeup looks you can try. If it's not looking quite right, just smudge, smudge, smudge.
I've outlined my entire date night look in the video, but you can skip ahead to 7:00 to see just the eyes.
Click the video below for the full tutorial!
- Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream in light/medium
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation in 12 Beige Rose
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Color in No. 30
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Park Ave Princess
- Bare Minerals Blush in Beauty
- Nars Blush in Albatross
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer
- CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eye Pencil in Black Onyx
- Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Ash Brown
- Makeup Forever Excessive Lash Mascara
- Makeup Forever HD Powder
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Liar
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Amulet
Brushes and Tools:
- Sephora Pro Airbrush 55
- Sephora Bronzer 48 (similar here)
- Sephora Angled Natural Blush 131 (similar here)
- Sephora Pro Fan 65
- Tarte Eyeshadow Brush (similar here)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Brush (similar here)
- Beau Gâchis Paris Smudge Brush
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Brush #12
- MAC Eyelash Curler
- Sephora Round Powder 120 (similar here)
P.S. You may have noticed my nails in the video. I do my own gel nails at home (learn how here), and the color seen here is Bubble Bath by OPI.